Visual Design Artist II - Global Marketing, GM Creative
Job Id: REQ-0003364
As Riot Games grows into a multi-game studio and beyond, our Global Marketing Creative (GMC) team is evolving to serve and support audiences across the world.
As the Visual Design Artist on GMC, you will be responsible for creating and executing visual concepts and deliverables on our brand moments across all platforms and mediums, from branding, social, key visuals, to digital and interactive. You will be collaborating with individual contributors from other disciplines to align on production goals, define the quality standards, and ensure consistency for all Riot’s visual storytelling through great partnerships.
The role will be to work with Senior Leaders in Creative, Art Direction, Narrative and Production globally to give teams feedback as a Stakeholder or SME for key visuals, motion graphics, branding, and executions by utilizing expert craft knowledge and experience.
- Create, strategize, and improve efficient art & design pipelines and tooling for all artists
- Provide design and art feedback to internal and external developers to maintain quality and consistency across all products
- Partner with Senior Leaders, Art Directors, Craft Leads and Product teams to shape and drive overall art strategy for LOL Inc. Marketing
- Communicate with Directors, Art Directors and Art Leads across all games in all regions to standardize and improve on defining career goals, craft growth and production methods
- 4+ years of experience in publishing or entertainment related industry and providing art direction and mentorship across a multi-disciplinary team
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Miro, and other design tools
- Expert knowledge of Illustration, concept / design, and the creative development process
- Showcases a strong understanding of brand building, typography, and visual design system.
- Persistent self-education around innovations in marketing creative
For this role, you'll find success through leadership expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
- Knowledge of Riot IPs: League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, Wild Rift, etc...
- Experience owning and effectively communicating about projects and workflow
- Experience in Visual Development or world building for games, film, or animation
- Experience in areas such as motion graphics, illustration, animation, or 2D/CG Production
- User experience as it relates to web, mobile, television, and film development
- Creative direction and campaign strategic development
- Project leadership experience
- Creative Tools such as adobe creative suite, design and video production tools
- Active member of your craft community
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.