Head of Finance, Publishing
Job Id: REQ-0003721
The Finance team at Riot Games is dedicated to helping Riot's most senior leadership make the best decisions for Players. Our team consists of experts from a variety of finance backgrounds with a shared focus on providing Riot leaders with an understanding of the financial impact of meaningful decisions. We are a critical part of long-term value creation for Riot.
The Head of Finance, Publishing manages FP&A and stewarding the development of financial capabilities across Worldwide Publishing, a division at Riot dedicated to marketing, business development and localization across our countries. As the Publishing Pillar's finance leader partner with Publishing's leadership team to implement strategy, improve systems, and promote best practices around FP&A within the pillar. You will ensure that Publishing has a financial plan that aligns with the strategies of the pillar and Riot, has a detailed budget that enables the development of that plan, and has financial and accounting systems/processes that ensure appropriate financial governance for Publishing and across Riot. In the role, you will help complete the traditional budgeting, forecasting and planning processes, oversee the pillar's P&L, and develop periodic reporting for Riot's CFO and for the Board of Directors. You will report to the CFO and work with the Publishing COO and strategic leadership on developing and tracking against pillar goals.
Pillar-level Finance leadership:
- Be the ultimate financial representative of the pillar, setting the long-term financial plan, budget and capabilities, driving processes that the pillar uses for financial planning and analysis, and engaging across Riot as the pillar's finance partner
- Partner with strategic leaders across the pillar, ensuring sound financial and strategic decision making. Represent pillar strategy to the CFO and provide insight into its direction and value.
- Establish a culture of transparency, data cleanliness / accuracy, and fiduciary responsibility with leadership (both within the games pillar and Riot-wide)
- Lead the pillar's finance team, ensuring that they have the capabilities, tools and support necessary to guide strategic and operational finance activities within the pillar
- Make decisions on pillar-specific purchasing and accounting, and participate in setting the pillar's financial goals and metrics
- Ensure pillar teams / departments have strong understanding between their strategy and the pillar's strategy, that they are supported from a financial standpoint, and understand how they fit into the pillar's overall financial strategy
- Partner with the newly-established Commercialization group's cross-Riot business development efforts, supporting it through forecasting, financial planning, and financial strategy
- Partner with Marketing leadership and Insights to assess effectiveness and return on investment of marketing spend on multiple player metrics, and provide input from a financial lens on optimal levels of marketing spend for games and regions
- Improve financial processes and systems; engage consultants and third parties to drive system changes
- Mentor finance team reports, working with them to build future finance leaders that can support Riot's long-term interests
- Work with the Pillar President, Pillar COO, Pillar HRBP, Pillar Strategy Lead and other pillar-level leadership to meet the strategies of the pillar, serving as the leadership team expert for the pillar's long term cost forecast, annual budget, virtual P&L and financial analyses
- Promote and accelerate the pillar's efforts, navigating the financial realities of the business, the aspirations of the pillar, and the needs of Riot's corporate enterprise systems
- Participate in the strategic planning and forecasting process for the pillar, partnering with the pillar COO and HRBP to ensure that the pillar has effective plans and budgets in place; work on pillar-level priorities and establish financial measures of success, while providing essential input and analysis of new and existing programs
- Support Pillar leadership in managing / reviewing existing milestone plans and developing business cases for new programs (e.g., validation of size of opportunity / strategic fit, vetting of return on investment models / resourcing plans)
- Work with strategic advisory capabilities on the pillar (e.g., research, analytics, strategy) to support analyses and inform recommendations to pillar and department leadership
- Work with Riot's CFO, VP Strategic Finance, and the finance leaders of other pillars to guide and facilitate Riot's finance strategy
- Work with other pillar finance leaders on shared financial plans, deliverables and rituals (e.g., Riot's strategic planning & forecasting process, Riot-wide P&L, quarterly business reviews, reports for Board of Directors)
- Work with Enterprise Finance to bridge the pillar and corporate finance & accounting groups, simultaneously representing the needs of both and ensuring financial systems and processes are tuned to serve the pillar and Riot-wide goals
- Work with Enterprise teams (e.g., Tax, Treasury, or Concur / Expenses) on administrative activities
- Advise the corporate finance team on how its systems and policies serve the pillar-level finance team, and iterate
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or related fields
- 12+ years of professional experience working in finance, leading and developing senior managers, FP&A teams, and non FP&A teams in large-scale global organizations
- Experience building new competencies and elevating the existing capabilities within an organization
- Experience communicating at an executive level across creative, operations, negotiations, and strategy
- Experience in entertainment companies with publishing/marketing efforts
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.