Software Engineer - Team China Tech
Job Id: REQ-0003836
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you’ll work with our technologies, creating new solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to provide player value.
As a Software Engineer in the Team China Tech (TCT) team, you’ll help Riot understand and design software which satisfies China-specific requirements and implement solutions on Riot standard tech stack. In order to bring Riot’s excellent game experience to our players in China and other regions, you need to work with multiple teams inside and outside Riot to drive and deliver high-quality results.
You will report to the Engineering Supervisor of the TCT team, based in Shanghai, China.
- Analyze requirements from various stakeholders.
- Lead and contribute to software product design and development.
- Own and commit to evolving the team’s software to a place where it’s secure, high-performance, stable and serves the players well.
- Collaborate with internal/external teams in the product life cycle, use your collaboration skills and tech expertise to ship the product.
- Hands-on coding and code review, be accountable for the quality and maintainability of the team codebase.
- Mentors junior engineers in both technical and soft skills; helps level up developers in other disciplines.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent years of job experience across software.
- 5+ years of experience in Software Engineering, with broad theoretical knowledge and practical application of software engineering principles.
- Experienced in at least one of the following programming languages: Java, C/C++, C#.
- Experienced in cloud computing technologies including distributed system design, network, microservice, load balancing, logging, etc.
- Familiarity working in an agile environment
- Strong teamwork spirit
- Strong self motivation
- Good communication skills
- Fluency in both English and mandarin
- Experienced in HTML/CSS and web client framework such as React, Angular, or Vue.
- Experienced in ingesting, storing, processing and analyzing large data sets.
- Familiarity with game engines such as Unity, Unreal, etc.
- Familiarity working onsite with customers.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games