League Operations Specialist (VALORANT Esports)
Job Id: REQ-0004124
Riot Games was established in 2006 by avid gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience, and beyond!
Riot has now put the “s” in Riot Games with the launch of Teamfight Tactics, Legends of Runeterra, VALORANT, and Wild Rift. As Riot provides players more opportunities to engage with League and new IPs, the esports department is responsible to explore, identify, and strengthen new esports products for our players.
That's where you come in.
As the League Operations Specialist (VALORANT Esports), you will work within the Competitive Operations Team to bring joy to our players through esports products for VALORANT. You will work closely with team managers to answer inquiries, identify and solve problems, issue approvals, investigate rule violations, brainstorm new ideas, and create a better competitive environment for VALORANT esports.
As a Rioter in Seoul, you’ll join a tight-knit group of exceptionally bright-minded individuals who share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming. Riot Games Korea is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players they aren’t lost in translation.
- Design and manage the competitive seasonal structure, format, and schedule for VALORANT esports.
- Draft and enforce regulations, policies, and rules by closely collaborating with the Riot Global team.
- Handle event logistics, including collection and handling of various documentation and communication with teams and players before, during, and after the event.
- Assist with league investigations and competitive rulings.
- Manage general competition operations.
- Experienced : you have 3+ years of work experience with a strong track record.
- Avid esports fan : you enjoy playing games and watching esports.
- Esports industry understanding : you have a strong understanding of esports and sports industry, league and team business.
- Strategic and insight informed : You have the ability to see the big picture and utilize your suite of skills to level up our channels; you root these insights in strong analysis metrics and stats and know how to turn an insight into a big idea.
- A clear communicator : You can effectively communicate in any medium: presentations, email, conference calls, etc.; you’re able to convert a large amount of information and data into a clear message.
- Strong language skills : you are proficient in written, verbal and presentation skills in both Korean and English.
- Experience in esports, games, or sports industry with a specialty in league management and operations.
- Experience in product management.