Head of Production, GMC-Shanghai
Job Id: REQ-0004141
Riot Games is now a multi-game studio and next on the list...becoming THE entertainment company of the 21st century. As a result, Global Marketing Creative (GMC) was born to better support all of our Global Marketing Creative needs. And to be truly global we are building a GMC HUB in Shanghai.
As Head of Production, GMC-Shanghai you will report to the Head of GMC-Shanghai. You will transform Global Marketing's strategic goals into creative campaigns that surprise and delight our players. Partnering internally and externally across multiple craft disciplines including Production, Art, Video, Writing, Creative Direction, Brand, Comms and Operations you will ensure that our creative production process is smooth. Your awareness and transparent communications give you both a broad and detailed view of our campaigns, advocating for their needs and ensuring they are met. You will collaborate with internal and external creative teams and production partners to develop and deliver world-class, global creative experiences that meet strategic goals of publishing in multiple products, such as League of Legends, League of Legends: Wild Rift, Teamfight Tactics, VALORANT, and Legends of Runeterra. And this is a unique opportunity, you will be helping us build the team, and ensure that all of our creatives have meaningful touchpoints with GMC-LAX.
- Manage our GMC-Shanghai Content (Campaign and Video) Production teams, ensuring our approach to production is scalable and flexible enough to meet our Global Marketing demands.
- Partner with Product Marketing leads to ensure each campaign is briefed, budgeted, and delivered.
- Partner with Leadership across GMC-Shanghai, LAX and beyond to ensure our campaigns are staffed with internal and/or external creatives to ensure delivery.
- Track and communicate budget and campaign milestone progress and effectively advocate for resource needs across production.
- Partner with creatives across multiple disciplines to ensure campaign assets are delivered on time, on budget and at quality.
- Maintain Product intimacy by participating in rituals with Product Dev teams and having awareness of shifts in Product Dev roadmaps.
- Partner with Operations to ensure our processes, rituals and workflows fit our needs.
- Bachelor's Degree or demonstrated equivalent
- 8+ years of building and leading successful production teams in games marketing or creative agencies
- Comprehensive knowledge of all facets of Campaign and Video Production through 8+ years of previous Production and/or Project Management experience delivering marketing campaigns from planning through execution.
- Experience managing a high volume of creative marketing assets
- Level-headed approach to change management, conflict resolution and patience through the fluctuating creative development process.
- Experience managing and leading teams to deliver creative campaigns and assets.
- Fluent in spoken English and Mandarin
- PC, Console, and Mobile games marketing experience
- Expertise with Project Management tools (ie. Airtable, Favro, Smartsheets) and DAMs (ie. Iconik, Brandfolder) for database management, tracking, and archiving.
- UA/ASO specific project management experience
Relationship to Games:
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).