Manager, Software Engineering - Riot Esports, Watch Experience
Job Id: REQ-0001233
Manager, Software Engineering in Esports Digital, you'll oversee the health and performance of the Engineering Discipline across the team. You'll work with other discipline leads in leading various teams of developers to pursue our product goals. You'll guide the Esports Digital Team as we develop awesome new products that increase fan engagement on a global scale. Esports Digital develops products that increase fan engagement, watch time, and improve sustainability, globally.
You will be part of the Esports Digital team in Global Esports, reporting to the Senior Manager, Software Engineering.
- Manage a team of 6-10 software engineers ranging from associate-level to principal-level.
- Support a team working collaboratively with product, delivery, technical, and quality leads.
- Help us with design, code and release processes for the products and solutions produced on your team.
- Design the team makeup so that it has the skills needed for our goals.
- Be a great career mentor and support system for your engineering team.
- Partner with your Tech Leads to provide technical direction to esports engineering teams
- Create a diverse and inclusive team where all members feel they have a voice and are welcome
- Represent your team's point of view and priorities to other teams and products
- Hold your team accountable to Riot's engineering and performance standards and Riot Values
- Experience as a Senior Software Engineer or higher
- 6+ years of software industry experience
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Previous deep hands-on programming experiences in one of Java, Go, TypeScript
- Experience with AWS (or comparable cloud environments)
- Experience with software development, including shipping one or more products on large code bases that span a range of platforms and tools.
- 3+ years hands on experience with backend (Java, Go) and frontend technologies (React, TypeScript)
- 3+ years distributed systems experience
- Experience leading teams in live operations settings
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).