Manager, Software Engineering - Teamfight Tactics, Cosmetics
Job Id: REQ-0004296
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As Engineering Managers, we gain organizational alignment by building a strong engineering vision and offering creative solutions to organizational design. We also serve as mentors for a team of engineers, overseeing their performance and trying to find stretch opportunities for their growth.
As a Manager, Software Engineering on the Cosmetics team, you will work with a diverse leadership team to lead a passionate team of developers in the delivery of new features and content for Teamfight Tactics and our players. Teamfight Tactics is a multi-platform game; supporting PC, Android and iOS; experience building software in any of these markets will be beneficial. You will report to the Initiative Engineering Lead.
- Support a cross-functional development team and develop a solid strategy for the team's success by collaborating with tech leadership to develop a technical vision and roadmap for the team.
- Identify, interview, and hire software engineers to help teams scale.
- Mentor engineers identifying stretch opportunities for them to grow.
- Manage the health and performance of the engineering team with empathy and authenticity, building trust, and inspiring them to overcome challenges.
- Seek different perspectives to solve problems, encouraging engineers and others to contribute ideas. Base your decisions on sound analysis and avoid biases.
- Provide technical expertise throughout the product life cycle including design, implementation, and delivery of features while continuously improving the software engineering quality and efficiency.
- 5+ years experience as a software engineer.
- 2+ years experience directly leading an engineering team either as an Engineering Manager or Technical Lead & mentor.
- Experience with software development, including shipping one or more products on large code bases that span a range of platforms and tools.
- Experience building teams with a focus on a diverse and safe culture.
- Experience collaborating with diverse teams to create solutions.
- Game development experience at any level.
- Experience with one or more of the following technology stacks: C++, Frontend/JS, Services/Java.
- Mobile and/or multi-platform performance profiling a bonus.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).