Staff Software Engineer - Gameplay (UNREAL) - VALORANT
Job Id: REQ-0004253
Established in 2020, the Singapore Studio is Riot’s second international game development studio. Working together with our Hong Kong Studio, Riot has been expanding our footprint in Asia and accelerating our talent growth to develop games that deliver great experiences to our players. Our mission is to “scale Riot’s games to hyper-serve players.”
We partner with our LA headquarters on game development for League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, and Legends of Runeterra. We’re also building teams for VALORANT and Project L, our take on a fighting game. The Singapore Studio is seeking talented, passionate Rioters with backgrounds in all areas of game development to build games that make it better to be a player.
We’re focused on working together to promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity, so every Rioter can be their best while we boldly pursue games.
That's where you come in
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in many broader domains. As a staff software engineer, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team goals. You’ll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
VALORANT is Riot’s take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on VALORANT click here!). As a Staff Software Engineer - Gameplay on the VALORANT Feature Team you will help Riot continue to build and deliver our exciting entry into the FPS genre. You will keep the players' experience in mind as you build engaging content features, both in-game and out. You will also work with artists, designers, and producers to deliver genre-defining experiences to our players. You will report to the VALORANT Feature Team’s tech lead.
- Design, develop and implement content features, with your efforts spanning in-game systems and out-of-game features.
- Create and/or contribute to best practices, development processes and coding standards
- Demonstrate a high bar of craft excellence for your team, becoming our local Unreal Subject Matter Expert
- Cultivate your team's culture of collaboration, creativity and passion for game making
- Mentor and coach junior members to build talent over the long term
- Manage strong relationships between disciplines
- Bachelor in Computer Science, or proven understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- 4+ years of experience in development of large systems design and core areas of gameplay/feature development such as AI, combat, physics, levels, inventory, etc.
- Deep knowledge of modern C++
- 3+ years of Unreal Engine experience
- Excellent debugging skills
- Experience working on a content-heavy (e.g. frequent updates, multiple game modes) live gam
- Experience working on multiplayer games (.e.g. MMO, RPG, Card games etc) with server-side game logic
For this role, you’ll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experience of players, this could be the role for you!
- Full relocation support
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits