LoL Esports Business Intelligence Analyst (LCK)
Job Id: REQ-0004322
Riot Games was established in 2006 by avid gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience, and beyond!
LoL Esports has been positioned as No.1 Esports in the world, and we hope to share many more great experiences to our players through esports. We’re looking for passionate professionals who share the same goal to make LoL Esports even greater.
That's where you come in.
As part of the LoL Esports Product Team in Seoul, you will join a lean but impactful team of Esports professionals to govern and operate one of the most sophisticated Esports ecosystems in the world, LCK.
Your focus will be managing and analyzing data generated across the LoL Esports ecosystem to better understand our business, audiences, and operations. Your technical skills, audience empathy, and ability to understand complex systems will ensure that we understand the effects of our work and have the data we need to make decisions.
You will be part of the KR LoL Esports Product Team collaborating with the Global LoL Esports Product Team, and will lead several important projects across the team, including improving how we measure our success, the management of the data set from the LCK official pro-level matches or contents distribution, and the development of cross-Esports insights. You will play a pivotal role within the team and position the business to efficiently scale by translating data and research into insights that inform product and content strategy.
- Work closely with relevant internal teams and external partners, including streaming platforms and 3rd party data management agencies, to acquire and integrate data into reports, dashboards, and data visualizations.
- Guide efforts to optimize our data gathering in the near-term and beyond, empowering our holistic view of the LoL Esports ecosystem, and preparing for future data sources (both internal and external).
- Support the Product Lead on the advanced analytics needs of stakeholder groups.
- Work with business leaders and colleagues to gather requirements and make actionable recommendations based on data insights.
- Lead market research efforts with survey development, design and providing insights to business leaders.
- Experienced : you have 3+ years of work experience with a strong track record.
- English speaker : You are native level fluent in written and spoken English communication.
- Proficiency with data and visualization : You have proficiency with data, can maintain complex spreadsheets, and experience with Tableau or similar data visualization software, including MS PowerPoint.
- Strategic and insight informed : You have the ability to see the big picture and utilize your suite of skills to level up our business; you root these insights in strong analysis metrics and stats and know how to turn an insight into a big idea.
- Avid esports fan : you enjoy playing League of Legends and watching LoL Esports.
- Esports industry understanding : you have a strong understanding of Esports and sports industry, league and team business.
- Experience in strategy consulting.
- Experience with marketing technologies and digital media analytics.
- Experience in gaming, sports, or media/entertainment industry.