Senior Software Engineer - Publishing Live Ops, Localization
Job Id: REQ-0004435
Senior Software Engineer - Publishing - Localization Technology
Riot Software Engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work on multiple broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you’ll work with both our technology, creating creative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to provide player value.
The localization team aspires to deliver a custom, made-for-me experience to players all over the world. As a Senior Software Engineer on the Localization Technology Team, you believe that authentic and immersive localization enriches a global audience's gaming experience. You will participate in creating scalable and sustainable tooling for the local and global needs of Riot Games Localization. You identify technical gaps and needs within localization operations and work with the feature teams in Riot to increase efficiency and improve processes.
You will report to a Software Engineering Manager.
- Develop and extend platform(s) that are used worldwide by multiple different customer types
- Work on a diverse, cross-functional team that enables localization of all Riot games
- Mentor other engineers through code reviews and technical design reviews
- Own and improve the quality and maintainability of your team's technology stack
- Lead and contribute to architecture requirements, technical design, and implementation for relevant systems
- 4+ years of professional experience as a Software Engineer
- Experience breaking down and leading execution of multi-month work efforts in scope collaborating with team leadership
- Expertise in backend service Object-Oriented programming
- Experience with microservice architecture and RESTful APIs
- Experience developing with ReactJS or similar languages and libraries
- Experience with Python and Django
- Experience with ReactJS and other web frameworks
- Experience using AWS and Docker
- Experience developing tooling for non-technical customers
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).