Head of Strategic Alliances, Riot Commercial Partnerships
Job Id: REQ-0004491
Riot Commercial Partnerships (RCP) is focused on developing, managing, and growing the portfolio of world-class companies and brands that partner with Riot across esports, games, events, entertainment, and media including League of Legends and Valorant.
Within RCP, the Head of Strategic Alliances is responsible for the development and stewardship of strategic and complex commercial partnerships across Riot, helps establish and/or strengthen relationships with key business partners, enhances the quality of business-to-business service, identifies opportunities for new alliances, and develops strategies to ensure the partnerships are profitable and beneficial to all parties, including our players.
You will partner with Riot’s executive leadership to understand our needs and promote those goals through tailored strategic partnerships. This person will run the strategic partnership process end to end - including research, evaluation, recommendation, due diligence, deal negotiations, and post-deal integration. You will also partner with Riots Corporate Development team to identify and work on opportunities for collaboration and deal sharing. You will also originate deals through your own network of senior level executives across a spectrum of corporate categories.
You will adapt to the varied and dynamic needs across Riot and our partners. You will use an understanding of priorities and broader context across Riot to create strategic collaboration. You will bring a flexible and creative spirit, solving complex strategic problems and building agreements across Riot's organization and external partners.
You will report to Riot’s Chief Commercial Officer and be part of the RCP leadership team. In this role, you will lead prioritization and close strategic partnerships across Riot Games. You will work on high value, high complexity spaces (such as platform integrations and new B2B monetization products), be on the ground floor of a newly formed organization, and oversee holistic corporate-wide partnerships opportunities.
- Develop a strategy for corporate-wide partnerships based on Riot’s strategic goals and performance of past deals.
- Identify and lead strategic deals – including research, evaluation, recommendation, modeling, deal negotiations, and contract closing
- Develop a deep understanding of partner’s business objectives and translate that understanding into a unique value proposition that a partnership with Riot Games can deliver
- Manage stakeholders across product, engineering, publishing, Riot operations and platform teams in the evaluation and structuring of deals
- Work with account management team on post-deal integration plan (e.g., technical roadmaps for enabling in-game content on other platforms, marketing asset creation and delivery)
- Build Riot’s network of strategic partners that can increase incremental and material revenue and player value
- Develop presentation materials for Riot’s executive team and the Board of Directors
- Capture and implement process improvements to support the effectiveness of the BD organization
- Expand and elevate existing partner relationships across various stakeholder groups and senior executives
- Create deals and deal structures that are innovative and best-in-class and deliver meaningful value and revenue growth
- Developing strong relationships across the organization and industry to maximize revenue streams, reduce redundant work and explore other initiatives
- Lead efforts to identify and promote metrics and KPIs in collaboration with the Commercial and Business Intelligence teams to consistently measure the effectiveness and efficiency of partnerships programs and key B2B initiatives and appropriately drive continuous improvement.
- 12+ years in business development, consulting, corporate development or a similar function, with at least 5 years managing and growing a team
- Proven track record developing new business and delivering revenue growth, either in direct sales or alliance/partner development or management roles
- Significant experience negotiating complex partnership deals that deliver maximum value to the enterprise and our partner
- Ability to operate and succeed in a matrix organization, and collaborate effectively with a cross-functional team to align and coordinate internal resources
- Core understanding of data and analytics and basic principles behind data science, leveraging data to optimize business outcomes
- Executive-level sales, account and relationship management skills essential to influence decision making
- Refined skills in developing and delivering compelling presentations
- Executive presence and high comfort level presenting to senior executive levels
- Self-starter and driven professional who enjoys partnering and problem solving
- Strong business acumen and desire to succeed in a fast paced environment
- Experience with deal evaluation and financial modeling, with experience on multiple closed transactions.
- Master of Business Administration Degree
- 4+ years in Management Consulting or in Corporate Strategy roles in other companies
- Experience in Entertainment or High Tech industries
- Experience in designing and shipping product, platform, technology, or monetization features
- Passionate about games and the player experience; able to empathize with the joys and plights of players
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.