Senior Technical Artist, Tools & Pipeline - Creative Department
Job Id: 4785
As a Senior Technical Artist in Tools and Pipeline within the Creative Department, you will report to the Head of Creative Department. You will help build and establish a common set of tools for Rigging & Animation to unify Riot’s future asset creation for years to come. You will design artist-facing UI's, and the underlying code architecture for creating intuitive tools for generating character-based assets and animation in games, cinematics, music videos, AR/VR, and many other types of projects. You will participate in research, discussions, and reviews with other Tech Artists, Animators, Character & VFX Artists, Engineers, and other disciplines. You will take an active role in writing design documents, code reviews, collecting feedback from end-users, and training people in using the systems you've co-developed with your team. You thrive on the collaborative and ambiguous nature of finding what unites a team around a common set of goals and are able to make that vision a reality.
- Create and maintain a Riot centralized suite of 3D Character Rigging and Animation based tools
- Identify new opportunities to incorporate technology to increase art workflow efficiency and unlock new creative opportunities
- Partner with other Technical Artists at the studio to develop a cohesive vision and shared standards across the Technical Art discipline
- 5+ years of professional experience as a technical artist in games or related industries
- Expertise in industry-standard content creation tools, such as Maya, and commercial game engines (i.e. Unreal, Unity, etc.)
- Fluency in modern scripting languages and related UI frameworks, such as Python and PyQt/PySide
- Experience rigging 3D character bodys and faces for game/film production, scripting automation tools, and designing artists facing UI’s for rigging and animation.
- Experience using version control systems such as Perforce and Github
- Experience problem-solving and communicating with multiple art disciplines and acting as an ambassador between art and engineering
- Experience in game development using Unreal
- Experience working with motion and facial capture systems
- Experience in working with cloth, hair, and muscle/skin dynamics systems
- Understanding of 3D modeling and materials for modern real-time rendering
- Plugin Development for Maya in Python and/or C++
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.