Job Id: REQ-0004567
The Legal team has the responsibility to always provide the highest quality legal services that fully align with Riot’s company mission of putting players first. Figuring out what’s “best for the company” always begins with thinking about what’s “best for players.” Every policy or contract that we draft; every lawsuit that we file or defend against; every letter we send; and all the legal advice that we give to our partners, must always be done with our players’ interests in mind.
Legal Counsel – Shanghai
As Legal Counsel, you will report to the China Head of Legal and you will work with Rioters and teams across China.
- You will draft, review, and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements including vendor, sponsorship, licensing, investment agreements;
- Provide strategic and practical advice, summarizing and communicating legal concepts that Riot's business teams can understand and use and provide tips and tricks for the teams to move forward;
- You will assist on employment related legal issues;
- You will manage local corporate governance and company secretarial matters for all Riot entities in China;
- You will research and advice on different legal topics across multiple departments;
- Research different risk factors regarding decisions and operations;
- Support the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and legal processes.
- You have a law degree from a top-tier law school and are admitted to the Chinese Bar; overseas legal education or work experience is an advantage
- You have at least seven years of PQE from top-tier law firms and are comfortable working on multiple commercial contracts, employment law issues, corporate governance matters, etc
- You have the adaptive capacity to practice law in the fast changing world of games
- You are fully bilingual; you can draft, review, and negotiate legal contracts and complex legal concepts in English and Chinese
- For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit and good self-discipline; being a dedicated fan of games is desired but not required for this position.