Senior Business Operations Manager - Fight for the Golden Spatula, China Publishing
Job Id: REQ-0004619
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in genre-defining games. Back in 2009, that vision gave birth to our debut title League of Legends, which achieved critical acclaim among players and became the most played PC game in the world. We are honored to serve over 100 million players worldwide every month.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints. As a Rioter in Team China, you'll join a team of culturally diverse professionals that share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming.
The Business Operations function within China Publishing Management Center helps drive initiatives and optimizations for in-game events, channels, monetization, and around game product features. You will get deeply involved in every aspect of our game’s business operations and revenue management, be it building up skin pipelines that Chinese players love, exploring new content types that make the game more immersive and exciting, or redesigning the experience for players to access the contents that they love.
As a Publishing Manager, Business Operations in the TFT China publishing team, you will drive the thinking behind player experience oriented in-game events design, around game product features, and channel campaigns. To provide thought leadership and project management by advocating Chinese players' needs. By encouraging teams to collaborate, you'll guide development, smash through obstacles and drive projects across the finish-line and into players’ hands. You'll help conceptualize, influence and execute together with our publisher and across teams at Riot.
- Be responsible for continuous efforts in understanding players, monitoring and analyzing in-game around game experiences in TFT PC & FFGS China
- Follow closely the market trend in-game social and growth product features, and gather market & competitor intelligence to inform our own strategies
- Help drive exciting new monetized content that allows players to express themselves and customize their game experience
- Work with our partners across Tencent & global studios
- Work closely with product managers and marketing teams on launch milestone planning.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of professional experience in mobile game operation with a focus of growth hacking in gaming, tech or related industries.
- Hardcore gamer. Rich experiences in mobile gaming, including FFGS and other popular mobile games in China
- Fluent in Chinese and English, and can drive collaboration across language and culture
- Experience fully owning a product or feature from ideation to launch
- Experience building communication frameworks between teams - with a mix of patience and goal orientation to navigate complex cultural, technology and product requirements.
- Experienced stakeholder management and rapport-building skills
- Full-lifecycle project ownership, from ideation to launch
- Experience in advanced data analytics, modeling, statistics, etc