Job Id: REQ-0004637
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a Senior Accountant, you will be mainly involved in the general accounting operations of Riot Games Korea. Your hands-on accounting experience and in-depth understanding of accounting principles ensure the general ledger is keeping Riot on a firm footing. Your passion for accurate financial reporting will help ensure Riot focuses on our players throughout the globe.
As a Rioter in Seoul, you’ll join a tight-knit group of exceptionally bright-minded individuals who share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming. Riot Games Korea is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players they aren’t lost in translation.
- Understand accounts, identify unusual transactions, research the proper accounting treatment and propose a resolution
- Prepare and enter journal entries of account payable, payroll, accruals, lease, and various general accounting within our established month-end reporting schedule.
- Conduct periodic account reconciliations.
- Improve existing processes by finding ways to add efficiency or quality.
- Review documents, including contracts, to identify accounting issues and propose solutions or alternatives.
- Address accounting issues related to new/complex transactions by investigating the facts, and researching the proper accounting treatment.
- Investigate fluctuations, monitor trends, and identify unusual transactions in the accounts.
- Prepare annual financial documents and footnotes following GAAP.
- Experienced: Bachelor's degree in accounting or a related field and 4+ years of experience in public or corporate accounting.
- Skilled: you are well-versed in GAAP and have hands-on experience managing accounting operations, the monthly accounting close, and the preparation of financial reports.
- Willingness to sacrifice: you devote yourself to the team and harmonize with others for collective success.
- Open-minded: you enjoy brainstorming improvement ideas and encourage discussion of alternative and unconventional approaches.
- CPA preferred.
- Knowledge of ERP systems (Oracle).
- Technology or entertainment industry experience .