Strategic Finance Manager
Job Id: REQ-0004638
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a Strategic Finance Manager, you will be involved in the strategic planning and forecast, various finance works of Riot Games Korea and League of Legends Champions Korea. You will collaborate with various business teams to support their decision-making and work with global finance teams in the Game, Publishing, Esports, Enterprise, and Entertainment pillars. You will be flexible working at both a review level and a hands-on detailed level. You'll support various KR teams from a strategic and financial lens.
As a Rioter in Seoul, you’ll join a tight-knit group of exceptionally bright-minded individuals who share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming. Riot Games Korea is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players they aren’t lost in translation.
- Support KR Finance lead for the strategic planning and forecasting (SPF) process.
- Craft monthly and quarterly management reporting, monthly variance analysis, and analyze actual revenue and cost against planned.
- Work closely with many teams from Esports, Entertainment, and Publishing Pillars in Korea as a business finance partner to provide sound strategic/financial support.
- Craft reports and presentations that are easily understood.
- Create tools, standardized reports, and establish best practices around financial reporting and analysis.
- Create projections and scenarios for multi-year investments to support the decision-making process for the leadership.
- Develop ad hoc strategic financial analysis for important deals and decisions.
- Experienced: Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or related fields and 5+ years experience in finance, consulting, or corporate strategy.
- Clear Communicator: You can effectively communicate in any medium: emails, and conference calls; you’re able to convert a large amount of information and data into a clear message; you’re comfortable building reports.
- Effective Collaborator: You possess excellent stakeholder management skills. You have strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while working with various teams.
- Efficient: You work well and quickly, so you are good at organizing the work in the way that gets the best results.
- English speaker: You are fluent in written and spoken English communication.
- Financial modeling experience and solid accounting foundation with the ability to easily translate high-level input and ideas into financial or operating models.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Google Spreadsheet (can maintain complex spreadsheets).
- Enjoy brainstorming improvement ideas with open-mindedness and encourage discussion of alternative and unconventional approaches positively.
- Experience in game, entertainment, and technology industry.