Technical Program Manager III - Esports
Job Id: REQ-0004711
As Technical Program Manager, Esports , you'll be in the epicenter of everything esports production related. You'll be the technical lead for remote shows, supporting other broadcast engineers on technical implementation and delivery of complex projects on the road. As Technical Program Manager, you'll report to the Sr. Manager, Esports Production Management.
- Ensure the team is adhering to engineering excellence which includes: systems maintainability, quality, monitoring, operational excellence, and documentation
- Provide and champions "definition of done" to their team
- Own the resolution of cross-team systemic issues
- Level up less experienced systems engineers around them in systems engineering, technical best practice, and team collaboration skills
- Partner with external vendors on integration projects and supporting equipment commissioning and training
- Evaluate new technology and industry trends
- Develop an understanding of engineering excellence and non-functional requirements including performance, scalability, maintainability, and resilience
- Work with teams and customers to accomplish deliverables
- 6+ years of experience working in related field (depending on degree)
- Experience developing and supporting large-scale broadcast systems from scratch, including gathering requirements and designing scalable, production-ready architecture
- Decisions shape initiative or team and may have Riot-wide impact
- Operate, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair complex electronic, computer based, optical and mechanical broadcasting systems
- Experience managing multiple on-going projects
- Experience with video encoding and best practices
- Experience in all aspects of large-scale end-to-end development (efficiency, scalability, operability, maintainability, etc) inclusive of breaking down the project
- SBE (or like) certification preferred
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.