Principal Software Engineer - Core Services - VALORANT
Job Id: REQ-0004444
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work in many broader domains. As a Principal Software Engineer, you’ll collaborate with engineers, analysts, producers, and game designers across all aspects of the game including but not limited to the DevOps area focus.
VALORANT is Riot's take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on VALORANT click here!). As a Principal Software Engineer on the VALORANT team you will help Riot expand our newest AAA title. You will help improve the experience of VALORANT to guarantee a smooth experience for players. You will report to the Senior Engineering Manager of VALORANT DevOps.
- Develop the technical strategy for DevOps future for VALORANT Studio
- Ensure all the teams within VALORANT DevOps are developing according to our standards and shared goals
- Contribute to and support systematic practices across VALORANT Studio that strengthen and grow technical quality
- Be excited to span the entire VALORANT tech stack - from our golang services and infrastructure internals, to our game client in C++ and UE4 blueprints.
- Implement server infrastructure in support of new features.
- Provide technical expertise throughout the product life cycle including design, implementation, and delivery of features while continuously improving the software engineering quality and efficiency.
- Build and manage strong relationships between disciplines
- Demonstrate a high bar of craft excellence for your team
- Cultivate your team's culture of collaboration, creativity and passion for game making
- Partner closely with shared teams at Riot that provide cross game capabilities
- Develop internet scale backend services for VALORANT
- Build features from in-game, all the way down to the backend service implementation
- Improve server reliability and performance
- Work with cloud technologies and services such as AWS
- 8+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- 3+ years experience as tech lead for large scoped products/teams
- Familiarity working in an agile environment
- Experience collaborating across departments and disciplines to create solutions.
- Expertise with C#, Java, Golang, or similar language(s)
- Professional experience working with cloud computing and cloud technologies
- Professional experience building large-scale backend systems or game services
- Mastery of industry-standard tools, frameworks, and practices for their language(s) of choice
- Professional experience working with Golang
- Professional or academic experience working with C++
- Professional or hobby experience working with Unreal Engine
- Experience developing software for iOS and Android devices
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).