Senior Manager, Game Product Management - League of Legends, Merchant Guild
Job Id: REQ-0004901
As Game Product Manager at Riot, we lead passionate cross-functional teams to create innovative internal and external tools that unlock Riot’s ability to deliver player value. We meet and exceed player expectations by helping concept, deliver, enhance, and influence projects at every stage of production.
As a Senior Manager of Game Product Management on the League of Legends, you'll lead a team of teams to achieve their goals by keeping projects on-track, keeping teams healthy, and keeping collaborators informed. Drawing on your product management experience, you’ll be responsible for building out our future strategy for the monetization of League of Legends. You'll also partner with fellow servant leaders to foster an open, transparent development environment. From evaluating new content types or distribution methods for player content to building and rolling out massive global services at scale, this position will leverage your wide skill set as a producer. You will report into the Director, Game Product Management of League of Legends.
- Develop a clear understanding of the League audience and what monetization features or content would best cater to their needs
- Define the vision for League’s content ecosystem, ensuring that we pioneer the next evolution in player friendly content distribution.
- Lead the product strategy for multiple product areas and teams, ensuring that they each deliver on outcomes that are great for players.
- Ensure that every part of our content portfolio has clear strategic objectives, defined target audiences, and work with Strategic Advisory Disciplines to determine impactful product iterations.
- Ensure a cohesive roadmap of products which make sense together, taking into account risks and timing to maximize player value
- Engage in regular prioritization of your product backlog and respond to emergent situations and needs from other teams
- Make clear recommendations to leadership on how we should balance between short-term business objectives and longer term sustainability
- Exemplify Riot values and create a diverse and inclusive culture so that all team members can do their best work
- As a manager, ensure direct reports have career development and progression plans and provide timely feedback on results and performance
- 8+ years of experience in product management
- 4+ years of experience in monetization roles focused on product management
- 2+ years of experience as a direct manager for production staff
- Capability to develop measurable business outcomes and product strategy
- Relationship management, project management, and collaboration capability
- Deep knowledge of games, relevant gaming audiences, and the gaming industry
- Genre affinity for, and deep knowledge of, competitive games
- Familiarity with production process (agile, scrum, waterfall) and tools (Jira, structure, Airtable)
- 2+ years of shipping services at scale
- Deep knowledge of League of Legends characters, history, and mechanics
- Experience developing internal and external communications (videos, blogs, etc.)
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).