Game Designer II - VALORANT
Job Id: 4863
As a Game Designer, you will design, tweak, and optimize the player experience. Your analytical skills, player insight, and creativity aid in crafting in- and out-of-game experiences that engage and surprise players. You will collaborate with interdisciplinary teams and work with every tool at hand to innovate and iterate player-focused designs that'll delight millions around the world.
VALORANT is Riot’s take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on VALORANT click here!). As a Game Designer working on the VALORANT Modes team you will design and deliver world-class game modes and experiences that surprise and delight players. You will deeply understand the tactical loop and the principles we utilize to develop innovative experiences that satisfy a wide variety of player needs and desires. You will understand how to develop satisfying modes that let players experience VALORANT in new, compelling ways. You will report to the Lead Modes Designer.
- Design innovative new game modes that let players experience VALORANT in new ways
- Work with other disciplines to take content and features from conception to our players’ hands.
- Script and prototype shippable content and features
- Seek opportunities for new design spaces in collaboration with Product Managers and Design Leadership.
- Create and provide multiple potential designs and solutions. Articulate trade-offs and risks between different options.
- Playtest VALORANT and help push for continued improvements for existing designs and fresh prototypes.
- Deep familiarity with FPS games or competitive games
- Understanding of content balance levers and thoughtful outcome prediction when these are changed
- Hungry to learn and capable of providing constructive and thoughtful feedback to others
- Deep / high-ranked play within the competitive or tactical shooter genres
- Scripting, modding or other technical skills
- Can balance the tension between game balance and excitement when generating content
- Ability to predict outcomes of game design decisions on players and other content
- Can use existing frameworks to develop novel solutions and reverse-engineer designs
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.