Manager, Software Engineering - Publishing Live Ops, Player Support
Job Id: REQ-0005086
As a Software Engineering Manager in Global Player Support (GPS) - Studios, you will lead teams that make a direct and measurable impact on Riot's ability to protect the total player experience. If you enjoy solving player pain, you should join us!
You will lead engineers on two studio integrations teams responsible for working directly with Riot game teams. Your teams will integrate new features into our support platform that powers our player support agent-facing tooling and internal Riot-facing tools. We are a matrix organization where you will work closely with other craft leaders, product owners, delivery leads, and the Studios pillar team captain.
You will report to an Sr. Engineering Manager.
- Lead a team of two to four software engineers, coaching them, overseeing performance management, identifying growth opportunities, and ensuring positive results.
- Lead engineers on collaborative, diverse, cross-functional, and matrix-based teams that contribute to the support and operations of multiple games.
- Partner with discipline and product leadership to develop strategies for improving team health and effectiveness.
- Manage the health and performance of the engineering team with empathy and authenticity, building trust and inspiring them to overcome challenges.
- Stay hands-on with your team's tech, overseeing the technical design and technical excellence while balancing the delivery needs with product owners.
- Build healthy relationships with other engineering and game teams at Riot to foster cross-team collaboration.
- Align game and partner teams we integrate with to develop sustainable processes and data access patterns.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience.
- 2+ years of experience directly leading and mentoring an engineering team, either as an Engineering Manager or Technical Lead.
- Experience creating and actively maintaining a positive and healthy work environment.
- Experience presenting and sharing information across a wide array of technical expertise and seniority.
- Experience delivering on multi-month or multi-year projects, establishing clear deliverables, and reporting on progress.
- Experience with full stack web development.
- 2+ years leading full stack web development.
- Experience with Java, GraphQL, ReactJS, and Typescript.
- Experience working with global customer support organizations.
- Experience developing tooling for non-technical customers.
- Experience in project management and investment strategies in people and systems.
- Experience aligning teams external to your organization to achieve your team’s goals.
- Engagement with multiplayer online games that contain matchmaking, battle passes, cosmetics, chat, etc.
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).