Job Id: REQ-0005457
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a Rioter in Seoul, you’ll join a tight-knit group of exceptionally bright-minded individuals who share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming. Riot Games Korea is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players they aren’t lost in translation.
- Develop and support anti-cheating solutions/modules for PC games that detect and protect against malicious behavior.
- Analyze cheats and provide technical support on the overall anti-cheat efforts for all of Riot products in the Seoul office.
- Help create the methodology for how Riot improves the competitive ecosystem.
- Partner with product teams and security leadership throughout Anti-Cheat incidents.
- Improve Riot's security posture by ensuring proper remediation, eradication and lessons learned are rolled back into day to day operations.
- Stay aware of new exploits and tech to stay one step ahead in the cheating arms race.
- Technical expert : You have 3+ years of relevant work experience as a software engineer in the following areas :
- Anti-cheat solution/tool development
- Growth-oriented: Like a player mastering their gaming skills, you are eager to seek growth. You are not afraid to face challenges, and you look for creative approaches to resolve uncertainties. You are open to feedback and embrace failures to better equip yourself for the next challenge. You demonstrate continuous growth in your craft as you face more difficulties.
- Adaptable : You quickly adapt to new challenges, even if it’s outside of your expertise. You are familiar with wearing multiple hats and have a track record of learning new skills across a wide range of domains + disciplines to accomplish your challenges.
- English speaker : You are fluent in Korean and have confidence in English communicating via text and conference calls. You can drive effective collaboration between different languages and cultures.
- Reverse engineering : You have experience in analyzing hacking tools by reverse engineering x86, x64, and arm based systems.
- Developer : You have experience in building games and services.
- Core gamer : You enjoy playing games and are highly interested in the fields of PC technology, hacking, and information security.
- Player-focused : You are passionate about creating a fair and healthy gameplay environment. you are ready to put your extensive anti-cheat work experience to create the ideal gaming environment initiatives that the audiences in Korea want to see.