Revenue Strategist II - Wild Rift (Gaming Monetization)
The Revenue Strategy group at Riot performs internal and external analyses, makes insightful recommendations, designs solutions, develops products, and implements strategies that address complex business issues to achieve company goals. We’re a diverse group of consultants, business people, scientists, and, at our core, a team that loves to play games. We are united by our dream to remain player-focused while maximizing our business outcomes. We support our recommendations with a myriad of sources to ensure we’re informed by data.
As a Revenue Strategist II on Wild Rift, you will report into the Manager, Strategic Advisory. You will work with a diverse teams within the Product and with other Riot game teams such as League of Legends and Riot’s regional publishing teams. You will build alignment for and shape numerous products and player spending programs aimed at growing player value and happiness across the community. You will focus on opportunity sizing, designing new features (and feature improvements), and analyzing the impact to guide improvements and optimizations of monetization features. You’ll also be partnered with people across different work functions and external teams, so relationship management is an essential part of your craft.
- Partner with game and system designers to build new products and experiences that meet diverse player needs
- Analyze player data and product results to find relevant insights
- Perform sizing and projections of impact for identified opportunities
- Partner with product teams on prioritization of their efforts, accounting for delivery timelines, revenue impacts, and opportunity costs
- Communicate strategic recommendations and product results in front of partners and senior leadership
- Share the results of your actions with teammates, so everyone learns together
- Work with Tencent publishing as a trusted advisor to drive alignment and adherence for Riot monetization values
- 3+ years experience in business strategy, management consulting, revenue strategy, pricing strategy, data analytics, or related experience
- Deep love for the scientific method - developing and testing hypotheses, and reporting on outcomes
- Experience breaking down complex problems and creating solutions for our players and our business
- Understand microtransactions and game monetization either through design or personal experience
- Knowledge and usage of mobile games and mobile apps
- Fluency in English and Mandarin Chinese
- Advanced degrees in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Management Information Systems, a related discipline, or comparable work experience (relevant work experience = 3+ years in relevant space)
- Experience in e-commerce, monetization, consulting, or strategy for consumer-facing products
- Knowledgeable of agile software development process
- Knowledgeable of SQL
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).