Staff Software Engineer - Riot GO, Customer Success
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide.
Riot Engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work in many of broader domains. As a Staff Software Engineer, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team goals. You’ll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Staff Software Engineer on the Customer Success team, you will help game teams launch using Riot's publishing platform. You will help technical leaders on game teams understand the architecture of Riot's platform, guide technical integration decisions for game teams, and give feedback to Riot's platform group on how game teams expect to use the platform.
You will report to the Engineering Manager of the Customer Success team.
- Work with us to level-up our systems architecture, infrastructure, quality, and operational capabilities.
- Help technical leaders and engineers on game team integrate with Riot's platform.
- Level-up Riot's platform to support easier onboarding and integration for game teams.
- Resolve cross-organization technical disagreements.
- 8+ years of experience in a software engineering role
- 3+ years of experience delivering and operating software using cloud technologies (e.g. AWS, Azure)
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent years of job experience.
- Experience with two or more of the following programming languages: C++,, Java, Python, or C#.
- Experience coordinating technical requirements across multiple teams.
- Experience understanding architectural challenges from full-stack development with varied technologies.
- Experience with high-scale services and container orchestration.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).