Manager, Software Engineering - Live Services, Localization Technologies
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work in many broader domains. As an Engineering Manager, you’ll predominantly offer creative solutions to organizational design. You’ll also serve as a mentor for a team of engineers, overseeing performance management, growth opportunities, and accountability.
The localization team aspires to deliver a custom, made-for-me experience to players all over the world. As a Manager, Software Engineering on the Localization Technologies Team you believe that authentic and immersive localization enriches a global audience's gaming experience. You will participate in creating scalable and sustainable tooling for the local and global needs of Riot Games Localization. You identify technical gaps and needs within localization operations and work with the feature teams in Riot to increase efficiency and improve processes. You will also lead your team with your experience of distributed computing systems and will develop high quality, globally-scalable live services and products. You will hire to grow the team as Riot matures in operating multiple games, creating an effective and inclusive work environment.
- Manage a group of 6-8 software engineers, coaching them, holding them accountable to best practices and their growth plan
- Create a diverse and inclusive team where all members feel they have a voice and are welcome
- Partner with discipline and product leadership to develop strategies for improving team health and effectiveness
- Oversee the technical health of product and taking an active part in its implementation
- Build healthy relationships with other engineering teams at Riot to foster cross-team collaboration
- Mentor engineers in best practices for the current product phase
- Champion your sourcing and hiring processes to identify and hire engineers
- 5+ years professional experience as a software engineer
- 2+ years working in an engineering leadership position managing teams that ship customer-facing software
- Experience with software development, including shipping one or more products on large code bases that span a range of platforms and tools
- Experience collaborating across departments to create solutions
- Proficient with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Familiarity with Java, Python, ReactJS
- Experience building content management tools
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).