Senior Systems Engineer - Core Infrastructure Team
Systems Engineers at Riot help support our global player base by using their expertise to build efficient infrastructure solutions. Your specializations could include operating systems such as Linux, or Windows, or experience with infrastructure and hardware areas such as databases, provider networking, data center networking, or data centers.
As a Senior Systems Engineer in the Core Infrastructure Team, you will manage the complete lifecycle of our Cloud and Data Center infrastructure. This means you will plan, design, deploy and operate new infrastructure and iterate over existing infrastructure to give our players the best experience possible. Our primary goal is to support the player experience and that of our internal customers. You will also manage our cloud infrastructure that supports our game teams. You will help develop tooling to make it easier for our customers to consume these network and cloud resources.
- Reduce ambiguity in a problem space through technical discovery & prototyping
- Ensure the team is adhering to engineering excellence which includes: code maintainability, quality, monitoring, operational excellence, and documentation. Provides and champions "definition of done" to their team
- Manage and use 3rd party vendors
- Level up less experienced systems engineers around them in systems engineering and technical best practice skills
- Participate in the engineering interview process
- Minimum of 3 years experience within cloud infrastructure and operational support
- Deep understanding of operating systems
- Minimum 1 year experience with Python
- Minimum 2 years experience with Linux
- Experience working on a team developing large systems from scratch, including gathering requirements and designing scalable, production-ready architecture
- Displays competency with the industry-standard tools, frameworks, and practices for their language(s) of choice
- Experience in all aspects of what it takes for large-scale end-to-end development (efficiency, scalability, operability, maintainability, etc) inclusive of breaking down the project and working across your immediate team or closely related teams
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).