Senior Illustration Artist - League of Legends, Splash
As part of the Illustration team, you’ll put stylus to Cintiq and create splash art that represents the essence of a champion to millions of players. You will use your artistic eye and experience with dynamic lighting, form, and color to tell concise and evocative stories. By closely collaborating with a team of dedicated illustrators, concept artists, writers, animators and game developers, you will help define and illustrate each champion’s unique place in our universe.
As the Illustration Artist III for the League of Legends Splash Illustration team you will report to an Illustration Craft Lead. Your craft expertise and eye for illustration will help deliver deep engagement and rich fantasy worlds to our players. You will partner with the Delivery Lead and Art Lead to support effective external contractor management, feedback flows, and the delivery of high quality illustration. You will work with Producers, Art Leadership, and partner teams to ensure Splash art effectively promotes and aligns with various Champion and Skin products. You will maintain your own craft skills, inspire creativity and keep a high quality bar by personally producing Splash illustrations.
- Partner with Production and Art Leadership and contribute to high-level execution plans
- Set the bar for excellence, including hands-on craft contribution and team-focused collaboration
- Set a clear vision, provide feedback, build trust with your team
- Contribute to the development of Style Guides and Process Guides
- Manage and communicate progress with partner teams
- Help with external development across studio vendors and contract artists alongside Art Lead and Delivery Lead
- Lead and improve team rituals to support high quality craft and individual growth
- Support craft and art leads by communicating department projects, sharing best practices, and contributing as an Illustration community member.
- Share in mentorship and craft growth of your discipline and your team.
- 6 Years relevant studio or freelance experience
- Showcase ability to create high quality 2D Splash Illustrations
- Extreme proficiency in art fundamentals, visual storytelling, and color theory
- Expertise in Splash Style including stylized anatomy, heroic compositions, and cinematic believability
- Advanced experience creating digital art assets in Adobe Photoshop
- Experience with 2D Illustration Asset production pipelines
- Experience working in a collaborative development environment
- Experience working with external vendors and delivering timely, clear feedback
- AAA Game Development experience
- Familiarity with League of Legends Characters, IP Universes and Lore
As a part of the application process, candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio of their work.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).