PR & Government Relations Manager (Contractor)
Riot Games was established in 2006 by avid gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience, and beyond! We’re looking for passionate professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. We embrace those who see things differently and aren’t afraid to experiment. That's where you come in.
As PR and Government Relations Manager (Contractor) on the Publishing team in Singapore, you'll lead public relations and government relations efforts across our portfolio of games and products while working with outside agencies and media. You will identify and build relationships between Riot and local governments while monitoring opportunities and legislation that may have an impact on our business. You will also work closely with the Communications Lead, SEA and our PR agency to develop relationships with key media outlets, both endemic and non-endemic, and create and execute successful PR strategies.
- Establish a government relations framework for Riot in Southeast Asia, identifying opportunities and departments
- Build relationships with key government departments and officials
- Represent Riot’s interests with local governments across our portfolio (games, esports)
- Research, track, and monitor the activities of local legislative and regulatory bodies
- Lead relationships with agencies, editorial publications, bloggers, and other media outlets
- Contribute to the planning and organization of events including digital preview events, media tours, and media events in Southeast Asia
- Develop and approve press-related materials such as media alerts, press kits, interviews, and other essential routes of communication
- Identify and report on applicable media trends, tactics, and technologies while developing strategic recommendations that inform our communications programs
- 5+ years of communications or public affairs experience, with the majority of that time spent in gaming, sports, or entertainment
- A Bachelor's degree in Communications, Business Management, Marketing, or a related field
- Ability to clearly and succinctly express yourself in written and verbal mediums
- Ability to successfully create, plan, and execute strategic and creative PR initiatives with a focus on sharing great stories; you know that PR is all about relationships, and have built and fostered relationships with key gaming publications
- Experience implementing successful communications campaigns with passionate audiences
- Experience working across several markets within greater Southeast Asia
- Adept at networking and relationship building
- Experience working in public affairs or government affairs
- Experience working at a major PR agency
- Experience collaborating with clients, agencies, and vendors
- Experience in working across multiple markets within Southeast Asia
- Fluency in English is a must, but bonus points for language capabilities in any SEA languages: ex. Thai, Vietnamese, Chinese, Bahasa, etc
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.
- Local health insurance for you
- Monthly meal allowance
- Annual leave and medical leave