Manager, Software Engineering - Esports
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide.
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work in many broader domains. As a Manager, Software Engineering on Esports Digital, you’ll offer creative solutions to organizational design. You’ll serve as a mentor for a team of engineers, overseeing performance management, and growth opportunities.
You will guide the Esports Digital Team as we develop awesome new products that increase fan engagement on a global scale. We have only scratched the surface of what esports can be; the work that you do will directly affect the sustainability, story-telling and fan experience of our professional leagues.
- Manage a team of 6-10 software engineers ranging from associate-level to principal-level.
- Support a team working collaboratively with product, delivery, technical, and quality leads.
- Help us with design, code and release processes for the products and solutions produced on your team.
- Design the team makeup so that it has the skills needed for our goals.
- Ensure what we are building excites and engages our players.
- Works as a cooler. Regularly reduces noise, emotional friction, and other ineffective and toxic patterns
- Foster the growth of engineers. Be a great career mentor and support system for your engineering team.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or comparable experience in software development.
- 2+ years as an Engineering Manager/Director of Engineering managing teams that ship customer-facing software.
- 5+ years professional experience as a software engineer.
- Experience working with UX and visual designers
- Experience with software development, including shipping one or more products on large code bases that span a range of platforms and tools.
- Experience collaborating across departments to create solutions.
- Proficient with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).