Staff Systems Engineer - Esports
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide.
As a Staff Systems Engineer in the Esports Technology Group, you’ll be tasked with building and maintaining Esports infrastructure & services globally. You'll help teams automate, deploy & maintain tournament realms, address systems needs in new and creative ways, and ensure that Riot's infrastructure is capable of supporting all current & future Riot Esports initiatives. You’ll work across many domains including network, systems, virtualization, containers & storage both on-prem, in several public clouds and spread across our Riot data centers worldwide. You’ll also support major global events like Worlds, MSI & All-Stars.
- Develop & Maintain global tournament servers and infrastructure.
- Build tooling to monitor and support global Esports studio infrastructure.
- Design and maintain global Esports network infrastructure & systems.
- Build a global platform for deploying and operating backend services.
- Develop automation that orchestrates management of compute and network devices including PC fleets.
- Support Systems Engineers with documentation review & management of global infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or comparable field
- 5+ years experience working with DevOps and Agile/Scrum teams
- Coding or scripting experience in a professional setting using languages such as Python, Terraform, Ansible
- Knowledge of networking services (DNS), routing (BGP), protocols (TCP/IP), and tools (ping, tracert)
- Knowledge of local storage options and maintenance practices
- System administration and imaging technology for Windows and Linux servers
- Experience with major Virtualization Technologies (ie: KVM, XEN, VMware) & Container Management (ie: K8S, Docker)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- Must be open to 30% travel in support of Esports events & regional support.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).