Finance / FP&A Operations Manager
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints. That's where you come in.
As a Finance Manager you will be the finance partner for the department in Brazil which includes Publishing, Esports, People and Operations. Your ability to navigate through strategic issues and your experience in finance makes you an all-star for a role that demands both. Since we are a lean finance team, you will also work with our Global team to support operations and manage local vendors.
As a São Paulo Rioter, you’ll join a growing team of player-focused pros that share a rejection of convention and a maniacal passion for gaming. Riot Games São Paulo is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players they aren’t lost in translation. You will report to the Publishing Operations Head, Brazil.
- Prepare financial analysis to support strategic decisions
- Support strategic forecasts: manage local financial forecasting process
- Advise partners on investments and help them develop business cases
- Build dashboards and management reports that help collaborators interpret their financial performance and goals
- Monitor variances to forecast and advise business partners on appropriate actions
- Manage the month-end financial reports with the support of accounting staff and third-party service provider
- Work with multiple global teams (finance/accounting/tax/treasury) and other teams
- Manage the procurement and account to pay process and ensure compliance
- Work with the business intelligence team to provide insights about trends and data behavior, managing their planning and delivery pipeline, supporting teams to make informed decisions about their initiatives
- Manage all relationships with partners in payments, providing solutions to reduce transaction fees, while exploring accessible portfolio of payments for players
- Ideally to have Bachelor's Degree and around 8+ years experience in Finance (FP&A or Corporate Finance)
- Good business discernment and ability to produce practical insights and recommendations when facing ambiguity
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to create reports and presentations that are easily understood
- FP&A experience and solid accounting foundation with the ability to translate high-level input and ideas into financial or operating models
- Knowledge of MS Office products, including Expertise in Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets)
- Advanced proficiency in English (speaking, reading, writing)
- Knowledge of gaming industry
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- Positive, collaborative attitude
- Curious, detail-oriented and creative
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
- Medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.