Software Engineer - Live Services, Wolf Engineering
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide.
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you’ll work with both new and current technology, creating innovative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to deliver player value.
As a Software Engineer on Wolf Engineering you will work directly with Game and Services teams across the organization to integrate new features into our support platform that powers our agent tooling, mass action, self-service, and automation product suites. As Wolf Engineering plays an essential role in scaling our global Player Support Organization - you will make a direct and measurable impact on Riot’s ability to protect the total player experience.
- Develop a full-stack support platform that integrates with hundreds of services across the organization
- Partner with product owners and tech leads across Riot to design and implement sustainable and scalable solutions
- Build systems to manage software operations using CI/CD methods
- Mentor other Rioters through code reviews and technical design reviews
- Work with our regional partners to understand player needs and tailor solutions to meet those needs
- Participate in our team’s on-call rotation to support our products around the globe
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- 2+ years of experience in front-end frameworks like ReactJS
- Proficient in at least one of Java, TypeScript, Python, or Go
- Experience writing and supporting full-stack services
- For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise and a collaborative spirit that prioritizes solutions that delight our players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!)
- Experience with Docker and AWS
- Experience working with global customer support organizations
- Familiarity with SQL databases and basic data analytics
- A/B testing frameworks like Google Optimize
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).