Head of Talent Acquisition
The Riot Talent Acquisition team is looking for a dynamic leader. Riot’s mission is to be the most player focused gaming company in the world. In order to achieve our mission, we must reflect the ideas, experiences, and backgrounds of our players. Our organization enables our mission by attracting outstanding talent and ensuring every Rioter has experiences that enable them to do their best work.
As Riot’s Head of Talent Acquisition, you will create strategies that attract and retain great people in our industry. You will establish the vision, strategy, and goals of the TA function, including leading the TA team, driving the hiring and onboarding process/experience strategy, and aligning goals and approach with leadership across Riot.
- Develop recruiting strategy, business plan, budget, and forecast; manage against annual plan
- Create cost-effective recruiting strategies; evaluate and refine recruiting processes
- Develop and oversee recruiting programs (e.g. Riot’s internship program and slate diversity projects) aimed at building diverse talent pools and supporting Riot in delivering our diversity and inclusion goals
- Evaluate and build new capabilities required of an excellent global TA function
- Create a road map and communicate progress and projects that support the strategy with leaders and peers
- Lead and mentor the recruiting team
- Establish organization structure and operating model to improve efficiency
- Navigate the team to success through metrics, feedback (candidate, team, hiring manager), and road map journey
- Lead the sourcing and recruitment process for Riot Games’ executive team and VP open positions
- Refine and manage recruiting, interviewing, and hiring processes that support a positive candidate experience and recruiter/hiring manager efficiencies
- Ensure recruiting process, interviews, and documentation comply with all legal requirements and guidelines
- Improve our metrics-based approach to ensure that our goals are achieved on time and within budget
- Develop the appropriate processes and training necessary to increase and support an outstanding team
- Be a recruiting advisor when partnering with the executive team and be a driver of recruiting excellence across the organization
- Partner with functional VPs and Directors to understand their long and short-term people resourcing needs, including industry/function trends and forecasting
- Work with other HR leaders to align goals and processes related to TA, such as compensation, diversity, and analytics
- Oversee efforts to strengthen our DE&I strategy with an acute focus on the talent acquisition process
- Lead and implement employer branding strategies and refine our EVP as our business evolves
- Stay present with industry best practices and trends
- Oversee Riot’s strategic partnerships with local organizations, including finding new opportunities, ensuring success measures are tracked and communicated, and ensuring causes and goals are in agreement
- 12+ years of experience working in TA
- 8+ years of management experience leading a team of scale
- Experience in a TA leadership role
- BA or BS degree in Business Administration or Human Resources
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).