UX Design Intern - Player Platform
UX Designers at Riot are responsible for creating world-class experiences for our players. We work in problem spaces that are complex and ambiguous -- and product areas that generally encompass multiple features and span across teams. We work from concept through the product development lifecycle and collaborate with other disciplines to create cohesive experiences.
As a UX Design Intern, you will work closely with a group of UX and Visual Designers within our Player Platform organization, which is the hub for our game experiences across desktop, web, mobile, and consoles. You will apply your interaction design skills to help us ensure experiential continuity across these platforms and touch points -- including understanding audience needs, design problem solving, and in generating delightful solutions.
- Collaborating with other designers and Product Managers to define problems and iterate on solutions
- Gaining understanding and educating the team about player needs within a given product area
- Designing flows that are both simple and elegant
- Taking conceptual ideas and turning them into tangible artifacts to communicate design intent
- Currently enrolled in a college, university, or non-degree program
- Available to work full-time hours for 10-12 week at our Santa Monica Headquarters (subject to change based on COVID-19 restrictions)
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Previous interaction design work on websites, mobile apps, or software applications. These could be school projects or pro bono work. (Please provide examples via a URL or portfolio sample.)
- A background in interaction design, visual design, psychology, or computer science is preferred
- Familiarity with industry standard digital design and prototyping tools (e.g., Figma, Adobe XD, Invision, Axure, Framer, etc.)
- Front-end programming skills are a bonus
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot Internships are paid, and we offer relocation and housing support. You can expect subsidized meals and the ability to participate in our Play Fund, so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games. The University Programs team also invites you to intern focused events so you can connect with your fellow interns and Rioters to make the most out of your experience.
Applications Close January 15th 11:59pm PT
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).