Narrative Writer Intern - League of Legends
As Narrative Writer Intern, your writing skills and passion for games will help you support initiatives that include creating new champions, fleshing out their stories, and imagining their worlds on League of Legends. And since your excellent written and verbal communication skills allow you to work well with a range of collaborators, you will assist other writers, editors, and creatives across disciplines to cooperatively craft iconic, cohesive characters and experiences that excite both your teammates and players around the world. Ultimately, it’s your love of gaming, passion for the written word, and demonstrated narrative skill that will position you to join our team, and we can’t wait for you to help us write the next chapter.
- Support Narrative Writers and Editors in producing written content that Riot is proud to deliver to players across the world, including character biographies, in-game dialogue, and promotional material
- Assist in League of Legends content development with contributions such as research, brainstorming, story briefs, and scratch scripts
- Work collaboratively with team members across varied disciplines to seamlessly deliver a shared creative vision
- Liaise with localization teams across the world to ensure the consistency of Riot's IP in multiple languages
- Participate in game development processes including playtests, reviews, and team assessments
- Currently enrolled in a college, university or non-degree program
- Available to work full-time hours for 10-12 week at our Santa Monica Headquarters (subject to change based on COVID-19 restrictions)
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Enrolled in coursework related to writing, literary analysis, game design, or other narrative subjects, or equivalent extracurricular experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including both creative writing and interpersonal interaction
- Experience creating and publishing written work, especially creative writing such as games, plays, film/tv scripts, or short stories. Classwork and personal projects welcome
- Time-management skills and sense of personal accountability for work quality
- Please prepare to include 3 short work samples indicated in the application submission section.
- 10 new lines of in-game League of Legends dialogue for an existing Champion of your choosing
- 1 single-paragraph sample biography of a well-known character of your choosing (from any IP other than League of Legends)
- 1 sample of existing personal creative work of your choosing that you feel demonstrates your most relevant skills
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot Internships are paid, and we offer relocation and housing support. You can expect subsidized meals and the ability to participate in our Play Fund, so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games. The University Programs team also invites you to intern focused events so you can connect with your fellow interns and Rioters to make the most out of your experience.
Applications Close January 15th 11:59pm PT
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).