Product Manager Intern (Undergraduate) - China Team
The Production discipline at Riot helps teams understand the vision of the product, and how we’re going to get there. We help bring experiences beyond our audience's expectations. We’re involved in almost every product you can think of, be it an epic new skin, the Mechs vs. Minions board game, or the internal tools needed by engineers or artists to speed up their craft. Whatever the calling, we identify and bring the solution that our audience needs.
Product Managers on the China Development and Incubation Center help lead the vision of each product across the finish line, and help provide experiences beyond our audience's expectations. They guide the product lifecycle from start to finish, and understand the intricate nuances of what the audience needs from the products we develop. We help to shape the path for how future Riot games will ship in China and develop the working models of how we work with Tencent.
On the China Development and Incubation team, you will have the opportunity to support our existing line-up of games, as well as other games within the R&D pipeline.
- Support operations team coordination efforts between game teams and Tencent teams
- Support game development efforts between Riot and Tencent teams
- Conduct research and analyze current gaming market trends, and come up with potential game pitches
- Currently enrolled in a college, university or non degree program
- Available to work full-time hours for 10-12 week at our Santa Monica Headquarters (subject to change based on COVID-19 restrictions)
- Available to work in flexible hours (e.g., virtual meetings after 6pm) during the program duration
- Available to travel internationally
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Fluent in Chinese
- Proficient in Google Suite, Excel
- Proven problem-solving and organization skills
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Experience with common project management tools and software
- 1+ years of experience in software production or logistics
- Familiarity with Agile software development and methodologies
- Experience in the game development industry
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot Internships are paid, and we offer relocation and housing support. You can expect subsidized meals and the ability to participate in our Play Fund, so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games. The University Programs team also invites you to intern focused events so you can connect with your fellow interns and Rioters to make the most out of your experience.
Applications Close October 31st 11:59pm PT
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).