Manager, Software Engineering - Desktop Experiences
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work in many broader domains. As a Manager, Software Engineering in Player Platform, you’ll offer creative solutions to organizational design. You’ll serve as a mentor for a team of engineers, overseeing performance management, and growth opportunities.
You will guide the Player Platform Desktop Experiences Team as we create a solution that enables players to be immersed in Riot's multi-game ecosystem - including League, VALORANT, Legends of Runeterra, and beyond. You'll help craft the desktop software that millions of players worldwide use to authenticate, install, patch, and launch Riot’s games. In the future, your work will be players’ first touchpoint with the wide range of experiences that Riot has to offer. You will enable players to discover new games from the Riot ecosystem, unlock content, and promote overall deeper engagement.
You will report to the Engineering Manager of Player Experience team.
- Manage a team of 6-10 software engineers ranging from associate-level to staff-level.
- Support a team working collaboratively with product, delivery, technical, and quality leads.
- Help us with design, code and release processes for the products and solutions produced on your team.
- Design the team makeup so that it has the skills needed for our goals.
- Ensure what we are building excites and engages our players.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or comparable experience in software development.
- 5+ years as an Engineering Manager/Director of Engineering working on teams that ship customer-facing software.
- 8+ years professional experience as a software engineer.
- Experience working with UX and visual designers
- Experience with software development, including shipping one or more products on large code bases that span a range of platforms and tools.
- Experience collaborating across departments to create solutions.
- Experience shipping desktop software (PC/Mac), especially with CEF
- Familiarity with ReactJS, RxJS, Jest, Babel, CSS architecture
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.