Software Engineer (Full Stack) - Contractor, SEA
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC games in the world, over 67 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a balanced disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in...
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in multiple domains. As a Software Engineer, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team goals. You’ll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Singapore Rioter, you’ll join a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our obsession with player experience. The Singapore team is responsible for not only Singapore but the Southeast Asia region (Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Singapore, Indonesia, Vietnam, and Taiwan). With teams in Esports, publishing, and strategy, Riot Games Singapore is dedicated to building unique player experiences.
As a Software Engineer (Full Stack) you’ll contribute to the following areas:
- Contribute to architecture requirements and design
- Design and enhance microservices
- Write unit and integration tests
- Code reviews
- Enhance build and deployment tooling
- Improve product visibility through telemetry and analytics
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years experience as a full stack software engineer, in web-based development
- Experience developing modular UI as part of larger, more complex applications
- Experience designing, launching, and supporting production microservices in a statically typed programming language, such as Java or Go
- As comfortable communicating in distributed teams as with people sitting right next to you
- Expert knowledge of EmberJS or other web frameworks (ReactJS, AngularJS)
- Experience building applications using the Chromium Embedded Framework
- Great sense for UI/UX and experience working cross-discipline with art and visual design
- Expertise in test automation, operational best practices, implementing automated builds, software packaging, automated deployments, logging, monitoring, automated alerting
- Experience with Mocha, Webpack, Node.js, ESLint, Babel, CSS preprocessors
- Experience developing software with C++ and Java