Senior Software Engineer, Mobile Anti-Cheat
Job Id: REQ-0001143
Riot Anti-Cheat Engineers are versatile and passionate about their craft. We understand the player impact of cheating in games and are focused on setting the highest bar for the integrity of multiplayer games. We relish the opportunity to work with new tech stacks and bring security to all of Riot's games; each with its own security risk profile and complex challenges. At the most fundamental level, our goal is to promote the best player experience by protecting the legitimacy of their favorite games.
As a Senior Software Engineer, Mobile Anti-Cheat, you will work with both game teams and anti-cheat experts to develop the next generation of defense for Riot's mobile titles. Taking a hands-on approach to countering cheats iteratively by applying an expertise in mobile platforms and technologies. Keeping one step ahead of emergent techniques while focusing on upholding the best player experience. You will report to the Security Engineering Manager for Anti-Cheat within InfoSec.
- Develop software solutions to detect and prevent cheating on mobile devices
- Partner with game teams across genres to understand their specific security needs and help shape the security landscape
- Promote secure coding standards and design that reduce vectors for cheating
- Keep up-to-date with the state of cheats and cheating techniques across mobile titles
- Help identify and determine the impact that cheating has on mobile gaming
- Minimum 4+ years of industry experience
- Experience building software using C/C++, Java, or Go
- Deep technical understanding of mobile platforms (Android/iOS)
- Experience building and deploying mobile apps or sdks
- Experience with Android and/or iOS build tools (Android SDK/NDK, Xcode, LLVM)
- Familiarity with mobile application security models
- Familiarity with Android & iOS executable formats, reverse engineering, or binary exploitation
- Experience with container solutions such as Docker or Kubernetes
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).