Senior Researcher - Unpublished R&D Product
Job Id: REQ-0002004
As a Researcher, you’ll join the Insights discipline – the group of researchers, analysts, data scientists, and strategists responsible for solving problems and executing analyses that enable Rioters to make difficult decisions with confidence. You’ll be part of an interdisciplinary team and work closely with Rioters from other disciplines (designers, artists, producers, etc.) to conduct studies and analyses that’ll inform the features, systems, and experiences of our products. Your background in data analysis and strategic decision-making will ensure that you’re an effective advocate for players and can provide strategic mentorship about their wants, needs, and behaviors.
As a Researcher III on an R&D Project, you will be embedded on a team developing a brand new PvE game experience. You'll conduct a wide range of studies and analyses - including playtests, qualitative interviews, and global market surveys - to inform the direction, experience, systems, features, and content of the game product. You’ll be part of an interdisciplinary team and work closely with Rioters from other disciplines (design, art, production, engineering, etc.) to turn the findings of your research into actionable insights which guide the course of game product development. Your applied or experimental research background coupled with your deep understanding of data will ensure that you’re an effective advocate for players and can provide strategic guidance about how to best meet players where they are.
- Partner with teams across the product to generate frameworks and insights that inform the development of a new PvE experience
- Design and execute on surveys, player labs, and market research to generate authentic and actionable insights
- Be an effective advocate for players and provide strategic guidance about their behaviors, expectations, and needs
- Leverage your storytelling skills to effectively share your results with other Rioters
- Collaborate with other researchers, analysts, and product managers to construct holistic, multi-modal analyses
- Mentor other Insights teammates, helping to level them up in your areas of expertise
- BA or BS in the social sciences, marketing, or a related discipline
- 5+ years of user research, behavioral or cognitive research, or market research – at least 2 of those in the games industry
- Broad experience in a variety of research methods including playtests, user interviews, and survey research with deep expertise in at least one of these areas
- Trusted to operate independently regardless of structure and comfortable with owning large projects, problem spaces, and workstreams
- Experience synthesizing research into actionable insights and socializing to team and product leadership
- Experience in product design or business strategy for consumer-facing products
- Previous professional user research experience in PvE games
- Advanced capability in statistical analysis (SPSS, R, Excel, etc.)
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).