Sr. Manager, Production (China-Focus) - Unpublished R&D Product
Job Id: REQ-0003179
Production at Riot Games helps lead the vision of each product across the finish line and helps deliver experiences beyond the audience's expectations. You should be comfortable operating in an ambiguous environment where change, big and small, is a critical part of the process. You will lead the team in establishing clear goals and constraints, and ensure we have the plans, processes and tools needed to achieve ambitious objectives.
As the Sr. Manager, Production for China on a specific R&D product, you will leverage your knowledge of the China mobile gaming market and experience leading game development teams to deliver a quality mobile version of the R&D product for Chinese players. You’ll lead a passionate, multi-discipline leadership team who will be responsible for directing and guiding the external development team in creating a genre-defining game that matches the rest-of-world version of the game where it needs to, and diverges from it where it should, to best meet the needs and expectations of Chinese players. You’ll carry the vision, make strategic product decisions, ensure that the leadership team is strong, and be a primary point of contact and interface between the core game team, other teams at Riot and the external development team. You will be responsible for ensuring that the product vision for the game is upheld, and that the development team is set up for success from pre-production to launch and beyond as a key member of the development team. You will report to the Executive Producer for the R&D product.
- Lead mobile development efforts with a China based development team
- Act as the primary point of contact between the development teams, customers, and stakeholders, keeping all parties consulted and informed on progress and key decisions
- Able to communicate and get stakeholder buy-in on the “why” behind the team’s work
- Creates team product roadmap that demonstrates the value being delivered (to players or other customers) with the China based development team and Executive Producer
- Proactively identify issues standing in the way of success (people, product, process), provide strategies for tackling them, own their resolution and evaluate results
- Develop accountability rituals and continuous improvement processes wherein teams review their commitments/delivery and hold each other accountable for them, celebrate successes, and learn from failures
- Ensuring all teams involved make and meet commitments
- Ensure psychological safety, healthy feedback culture and conflict management within and between teams on your Initiative
- Coordinates closely with other producers across the company to share, document and consolidate lessons learned and collective expertise developing games for mobile in China
- Champion a player focused mindset and be the voice of the player
- 7+ years of production experience in game development or publishing
- 4+ years of experience in a lead production role
- 2+ years of experience leading a co-development or significant outsourcing game project
- Must have shipped multiple games with production responsibility on key features and/or content
- Willingness to travel to China several times a year as business requires
- Knowledgeable of current trends in the Chinese gaming industry
- Experience leading remote game development teams
- Experience leading and functioning in ambiguous, collaborative environments with team members of several levels and disciplines
- Experience maintaining excellent relationships with stakeholders
- Experience scheduling and tracking development. Identify and mitigate risks associated with key-milestones both for internal teams and external teams
- Demonstrated ability in product management and using prioritization schemes
- A passion & empathy for solving people's problems and building happy, motivated teams
- Fluent in Chinese (Mandarin) and English, and can promote collaboration across different languages and cultures
- Experience developing and shipping mobile games
- Mastery of production tools like JIRA to track development and create reporting
- SAFe, LeSS or other agile scale frameworks, forecasting, Kanban and Lean Agile
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).