Infrastructure Engineer, Game Operations (Shenzhen Base Contractor)
Job Id: 4530
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As an Infrastructure Engineer in the China Game Operation team, you will join the effort of shipping incredible experiences for players in China. you'll build products and services that unlock the ability for Riot developers to rapidly deliver new services to our partners in Tencent. You’ll partner closely with service and games across products like League of Legends, VALORANT, and more, as well as the Tencent Operation and QA teams.
As a Rioter in China, you'll join a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming.
To reinforce Riot’s collaborative culture in our China offices, we’ve decided to do away with the constraints of traditional hierarchical title structures that are more common in the region. Titles don’t really matter at any of Riot’s offices, but we chose to take this extra step in our China offices to foster a space where teamwork thrives. We believe that removing this constraint will promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and a focus on results. We promise you won’t need a title at Riot to make an impact.
- Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure
- Create and operate tools and services that help accelerate Riot and Tencent collaboration
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
- Testing and examining code written by others and analyzing results
- Identifying technical problems and developing software updates and ‘fixes’
- Working with software developers and software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
- Planning out projects and being involved in project management decisions
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field or relevant professional experience
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role
- Understand distributed systems, microservices, and software at a high scale
- Solid scripting skills in languages such as Python, Go/ PowerShell / Terraform, or Ansible.
- Experience developing and maintaining high-capacity, high-availability, and high-performant software
- Experience working in container-based ecosystems and with a container scheduler (e.g. Marathon, Mesos, Kubernetes, GKE, Amazon ECS)
- Experience with distributed systems, specifically microservices
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines, ideally Jenkins
- Understand networking - HTTP down to the network layer (TCP/IP, routing, etc)
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
Employment Type: employment contract with Fesco Adecco, a professional personnel company in China.