Visual Design Artist III - Wild Rift, Events
Job Id: REQ-0003492
Visual Designers at Riot Games want to create the best player experiences through their knowledge of systemic design, graphic design, interactivity, layout, typography, color theory and illustration. Designers work with cross disciplinary teams and act as both artistic and design problem solvers. They understand players and ask questions about the what, who and how when solving for an interface or communication challenge.
As a Visual Designer III on League of Legends: Wild Rift's Events initiative, you will create artistic event thematics, UI concept mockups, final interface layouts, iconography, and other themed visual assets to build upon and guide the Events player experience. You will work with the Principal Visual Designer and UX designers on the team to cover all Event workflow needs, evolve our collaborative workflow on Figma, establish and maintain quality bars, as well as contribute to the event style guides. You'll work with Producers, Artists, and Designers across the product. You will report to the Senior Manager of Visual Design Art.
- Develop artistic themed Event UI designs with an understanding of layout, color, value, branding, and interactive systems design
- Team up with UX designers, Product, Front-end Engineers, and Motion Graphics to develop and ensure the high-quality implementation of our Event experiences
- Plan out work with the team, set expectations for development and workflow to bring concepts to final designs, provide final assets, and report UI bugs during playtests
- Create vector artwork, iconography, and rasterized assets that are high-quality and optimized
- Maintain source work and manage libraries for future development
- Request and provide feedback as well as guide fellow artists through growth opportunities
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience as a Visual Designer working with digital art
- Experienced with Photoshop, Illustrator, Figma, and other visual creation tools
- Strength in design fundamentals (layout, composition, grids, typography, color, lighting)
- Create different thematic styles with a high attention to artistic details
- Experience developing briefs, target concepts and managing vendors to produce final art
- Experience with Unity, 3D software, illustration or matte painting tools
- Background in Mobile UI development
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We will review your work as a part of the application process, so please provide a portfolio with your application. Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).