Head of Global Media
Job Id: REQ-0003783
As Head of Global Media, you will help transform Global Marketing's strategic goals into paid media campaigns that surprise and delight our players. You’ll partner with brand and regional marketers across Games, Entertainment and Esports to build a global paid media practice that delivers growth, viewership and engagement. You’ll lead a team of experts in Los Angeles and Riot regions to develop and deploy paid media strategies that expand our community of Players and Fans and contribute to Riot’s brand reputation as a disruptor and innovator. Your leadership and communication skills will create trust and forward momentum amongst senior executives, leading to an aligned vision for investment and global cooperation.
You’ll lead and inspire external media partnerships that surface opportunities for growth and cultural impact globally, delivering experiences, programs and content that earn Player attention and community respect while exciting new-to-Riot audiences worldwide. Your top-notch negotiation skills will create leverage and ensure that the experiences brought forth are strategic, impactful, measurable and consistently authentic to the Riot brand and IP.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading global paid media strategy and planning in collaboration with regions, aligning performance marketing to overall goals, and ensuring integration of paid media plans with owned and earned. You’ll supervise the global media agency relationship, directing resources and maximizing results through collaborative processes and best practices.
- Lead and align the vision for Riot’s paid media practice with internal stakeholders and external partners
- Act as the senior strategic media advisor within Global Marketing, demonstrating expertise in the application of full funnel paid media strategy and best practices in support of business goals
- Lead and develop the global media team ensuring professional development and productive collaboration amongst the team and its constituents
- Represent the media practice in annual business planning, translating short and long-term company-wide goals into successful global media strategies, budgets and plans
- Create strategic planning processes with Riot regions and product marketing that deliver maximum global leverage and unique regional opportunity while aligning Riot’s priorities
- Evolve and manage relationships with partners and the external media community; create innovative opportunities for Riot Games and its fans
- Lead strong relationships with media agencies and key MarTech partners
- Instill unified performance measurement criteria and a global practice for operating and optimizing
- Align the performance marketing vision and strategy to the overall paid media strategy while managing a well-structured, high performing team
- Align paid media outcomes to earned and owned media outcomes at the portfolio and product level
- Assure quality control and a performance mindset
- 10+ years experience in paid media practices and partner relationships, with demonstrated experience in a senior leadership role
- Collaborative leadership with strong communication skills, the ability to influence others and align stakeholders
- Expert level knowledge of media fundamentals and best practices across channels
- Experience in developing and implementing collaborative planning processes in diverse, global environments
- Experience leading and managing partner relationships; a successful track record in delivering innovation with partners
- Exceptional critical thinking, problem solving, negotiation and communication skills. Strong orientation on effectiveness and long-term growth.
- Global mindset and awareness of regional/cultural landscape differences and similarities
- History of hiring, managing, leading, and mentoring high-performing teams
- Proven negotiation skills; experience negotiating high value and/or complex packages
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Direct experience working in gaming or entertainment a plus
Success in this role requires an entrepreneurial and innovative mindset balanced with a strong ability to implement and drive cooperative processes.
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.