Director, Insights - League, LoL PC Leadership
Job Id: REQ-0004117
Riot Games was established in 2006 by avid gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. Players form the foundation of our community and it's for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience, and beyond!
The Insights discipline helps Rioters make strategic data-informed decisions. We're an interdisciplinary group of scientists, economists, consultants, and strategists from all sorts of backgrounds who join together to represent and advocate for players around the world. We believe that illuminating the globally diverse experiences, behaviors, and needs of players is essential to Riot living up to our player-focused mission. We're a group united by our love of games, science, and helping others succeed.
As the Director, Insights for League of Legends PC (LoL PC), you will be part of the leadership team and act as head of Insights for LoL PC, the group that develops League of Legends. You will lead the Insights team to develop an understanding of players and foster a culture of learning and validation on product teams. You will ensure that product strategies and decisions are grounded in data, to lead to positive outcomes for both players and Riot. You will lead a team of analysts and researchers, creating a healthy team environment in which they succeed and grow. You will report directly to the Game Director for LoL PC.
- Partner with LoL PC leadership to develop product strategy, prioritize opportunities, evaluate League's performance, and build a organization that excels
- Use data analysis, user/audience research, and structured frameworks to drive a deep understanding of players and shape product strategies; scale the Insights team's expertise to accomplish this across LoL PC
- Foster a culture of experimentation, learning loops, and assumption validation in product teams
- Work with Insights and product leaders across Riot to achieve cross-organizational goals
- Lead the vision, roadmap, operational strategy, talent strategy, and resourcing of the Insights team
- Manage Insights managers and grow Insights members into seniority
- 9+ years of experience in data analytics, research, business strategy, management consulting, product management, or related experience
- Working knowledge of both analytics and research, with 5+ years specializing in at least one
- 4+ years of experience managing individuals and teams
- 2+ years of experience working in game development or on game strategy
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets)
- Experience managing managers
- Experience working on a live service game with a free-to-play model
- Proficient knowledge of Tableau and SQL/Python
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.