Researcher III - Teamfight Tactics, Insights
Job Id: REQ-0004233
As a Researcher III, you’ll join the Insights discipline – the group of researchers, analysts, and strategists responsible for solving problems and executing analyses that enable Rioters to make difficult decisions with confidence. You’ll be part of an interdisciplinary team and work closely with Rioters from other disciplines (designers, artists, producers, etc.) to conduct studies and analyses that will inform the features, systems, and experiences of our products. Your applied or experimental research background coupled with your deep understanding of data will ensure that you’re an effective advocate for players and can provide strategic guidance about their wants, needs, and behaviors.
As a Researcher III on the Teamfight Tactics team, you will partner closely with product teams to create best-in-genre experiences for our players. You will identify and work on research opportunities to help develop new game content, through effectively understanding and advocating for player needs, as well as inform future development strategy by identifying market opportunities. As the senior researcher on the team, you will oversee product research across a range of methods and capabilities, including market research, player surveys, segmentation models and more. You will operate as part of a team of both researchers and analysts, reporting to the Teamfight Tactics Insights Manager, and frequently present relevant insights to designers and leadership across the product.
- Manage research projects from start to finish, using appropriate methodologies to answer business, development, and usability questions
- Consult with product teams on their research needs and prioritize research activities accordingly to produce impactful insights and frameworks, along timelines informed by Teamfight Tactic's set release schedule
- Conduct primary research including hypothesis generation, survey design, sampling method, fielding, data cleaning, analysis, and presentation of findings
- Manage 3rd party research vendor projects, timelines, markets, budgets, and incorporate findings into product planning
- Present research findings, methods, and recommendations to designers and product owners
- Mentor more junior researchers in all aspects of their craft
- Six or more years of professional/academic experience in quantitative or qualitative primary research methods
- BA or BS in Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, or other research or social science discipline
- Applied experience utilizing both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies, such as focus groups, interviews, market surveys, product surveys, A/B testing, and data analysis on large-scale survey responses
- Familiarity with statistical methods for data analysis, such as clustering analysis, Conjoint, MaxDiff, or similar
- Proficiency with Tableau or other data visualization tools
- Proficiency with statistical tools (SPSS, R, etc.)
- 2 years experience applying research to product development
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.