Systems Engineer - League of Legends
Job Id: REQ-0004257
Established in 2020, the Singapore Studio is Riot’s second international game development studio. Working together with our Hong Kong Studio, Riot has been expanding our footprint in Asia and accelerating our talent growth to develop games that deliver great experiences to our players. Our mission is to “scale Riot’s games to hyper-serve players.”
We partner with our LA headquarters on game development for League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, and Legends of Runeterra. We’re also building teams for VALORANT and Project L, our take on a fighting game. The Singapore Studio is seeking talented, passionate Rioters with backgrounds in all areas of game development to build games that make it better to be a player.
We’re focused on working together to promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity, so every Rioter can be their best while we boldly pursue games.
That's where you come in
Developer Connections (DevCon) connects developers around the globe allowing them to reliably ship games. We sit at the intersection of Game Studios, R&D, and Central Tech allowing us to keep our fingers on the pulse of development at Riot. Our aim is to unblock teams so they can hit milestones for launching future games.
As a Systems Engineer on DevCon, you set the technical and operational vision for our services. You use your expertise to determine architecture, guide build vs. buy decisions, and provide mentorship for other engineers on the team. You can switch context and tailor your approach to diverse audiences. You are a master of your craft able to dive into infrastructure, networking, or code to pursue the most efficient solution. You'll report to an Engineering Manager.
While no two days are the same on DevCon, we focus on the following offerings:
- Acting as an SME for Perforce for HKSG Studio and providing support on Perforce issues
- Supporting the migration to AWS
- Working with the IT Infrastructure team to plan out the Perforce services to provide stable Perforce user experience to HKSG/Shanghai studios.
- Working on tooling to provide metrics and telemetry on Perforce usage
- Maintaining and support our on-premises Kubernetes services
- Improving deployment and test Automation, various game data and content delivery pipelines
- Building and maintaining client side tooling around Perforce (e.g. workspace setup automation)
- 6+ years of System Engineering/Infrastructure experience
- Proficiency with Linux operating systems and concepts
- Proficiency with AWS
- Solid experience with Python
- Familiarity with Jenkins
- Experience developing monitoring and alerting solutions
- Familiarity with Git, Perforce, or other source control systems
- Fluent with Ansible and Terraform
- Working knowledge of container orchestrators (ECS/EKS/K8S)
- Comfortable with scripting languages such as PowerShell, and Bash
- Proficiency with Windows & Mac operating systems and concepts
- Experience with NewRelic products, Artifactory, and Spinnaker
For this role, you’ll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experience of players, this could be the role for you!
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits