Senior Software Engineer - Frontend - Teamfight Tactics
Job Id: REQ-0004267
Established in 2020, the Singapore Studio is Riot’s second international game development studio. Working together with our Hong Kong Studio, Riot has been expanding our footprint in Asia and accelerating our talent growth to develop games that deliver great experiences to our players. Our mission is to “scale Riot’s games to hyper-serve players.”
We partner with our LA headquarters on game development for League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, and Legends of Runeterra. We’re also building teams for VALORANT and Project L, our take on a fighting game. The Singapore Studio is seeking talented, passionate Rioters with backgrounds in all areas of game development to build games that make it better to be a player.
We’re focused on working together to promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity, so every Rioter can be their best while we boldly pursue games.
That's where you come in
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As Software Engineers, we work with both new and current technology, creating new experiences for our players in and around our games.
As a Senior Software Engineer (Frontend) on Teamfight Tactics, you will work on a multi-disciplinary team with artists, designers and product managers to create and support the many facets of play. You will report to the Engineering Manager.
- Build player-facing experiences that expand and enhance the game experience within a complex ecosystem of microservices and clients.
- Work with a team of experts to design and build new game features
- Ensure the team is adhering to engineering excellence which includes: code maintainability, quality, monitoring, operational excellence, and documentation. Provides and champions "definition of done" to their team
- Be on rotational on-call for live product support and operational assessment
- Provide meaningful code reviews for other members of the team
- Work collaboratively with non technical customers to accomplish deliverables
- Mentor other engineers in technical skills
- Genre affinity for, and knowledge of, competitive strategy games
- 5+ years of experience applying software engineering principles while building frontend web applications
- Deep experience with React, Ember.js, Angular or a similar framework
- Experience implementing software engineering best practices within your team, including design reviews, coding standards, code reviews, tools improvements, source control management, build processes, and testing
- Prior game development experience
- Full stack experience being able to flex into services in Java or Go
- Experience building tools and pipelines to facilitate data moving throughout an ecosystem
- Experience with C / C++
For this role, you’ll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experience of players, this could be the role for you!
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits