Technical Product Manager III - League of Legends, Tech Ops
Job Id: REQ-0004472
As Technical Product Manager on League of Legends at Riot, we lead passionate cross-functional teams to create experiences that push the quality and resonance of our game content within the MOBA genre. We drive development, obliterate obstacles, and push projects across the finish line. We exceed expectations by helping concept, deliver, enhance, and influence projects at every stage of production.
As a Technical Product Manager III on the Personalization Team, you'll lead a multidisciplinary team to achieve their goals by keeping projects on track, keeping teams healthy, and keeping collaborators informed. Drawing on your experience in agile leadership, you'll build flexible development plans including milestones and deliverables. You'll also partner with fellow servant leaders to foster an open, transparent development environment. Whether it’s developing new and exciting game content features for the League audience, updating existing tools, or to better meet the needs of players, the Personalization TechOps team is focused on ensuring rioters and content developers seamlessly ship the most resonant content to players. You will report to the Operations Lead for Personalization.
- Accountable for the TechOps strategy, outcomes and drive for key results
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to craft a long term technology vision, plan for a roadmap, and prioritize development work
- Manage requirements, development, and maintenance of technical features for content production
- Manage stakeholders and track external commitments
- Craft clear communications on our strategic intentions as well as transparently reviewing results with players and Rioters
- Identify points of risk to your products and work with your team and your peers to solve them
- Facilitate gatherings for ideation, scope planning, daily stand-ups, product reviews, and retrospectives
- Identify and drive process improvements locally on your team and across all content teams
- Maintain high-levels of team happiness and individual satisfaction through regular measurements and actions to improve on them
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant industry experience in 3D content production
- Experience managing technical/engineering teams as a product manager, producer, or program manager
- Experience delivering complex technical projects involving multiple teams and vendors
- Experience leading Agile or Lean software development teams
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Familiarity with League of Legends
- Practical software development experience in Python or C++
- Extensive industry best practice knowledge of 3D content production pipeline and tooling
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.