Senior Strategic Finance Manager, China Strategic Advisory
Job Id: REQ-0004569
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a Rioter in China, you'll join a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming.
To reinforce Riot’s collaborative culture in our China offices, we’ve decided to do away with the constraints of traditional hierarchical title structures that are more common in the region. Titles don’t really matter at any of Riot’s offices, but we chose to take this extra step in our China offices to foster a space where teamwork thrives. We believe that removing this constraint will promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and a focus on results. We promise you won’t need a title at Riot to make an impact.
Strategic Planning and Forecasting(SPF):
- Work with team members and stakeholders on annual budget for different BU/Game/Event
- Manage strategic plans and forecasts by translating strategic goals/OKR/KPI into financial impacts
- Consolidate budgets of different BU/Game/Event
Budget/SPF Tracking & Monitoring:
- Monitor variance to forecast actively and advise business partners on appropriate actions
- Build dashboards and management reports that help business partners interpret their financial performance and key performance indicators
- Prepare financial analysis to support strategic decisions
- Responsible for managing cost allocations, financial coding assignment
- Communicate with stakeholders to support financial needs and alignment on financial process
- Advise business partners on large investments and help them develop business case
- Coordination with accounting/tax/legal teams and third party service provider on accounting treatments on special cases
- Assist central finance teams to understand local business and financial impacts
- Minimum of five years’ experience in FP&A or management accounting
- Good business discernment and ability to generate practical insights and recommendations when facing ambiguity
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to craft reports and presentations that are easily understood by the less monetarily minded
- FP&A experience and solid accounting foundation with ability to translate high-level input and ideas into financial or operating models
- Positive, collaborative attitude
- Curious, detail-oriented and creative
- Preferred experience in gaming or entertainment industry
- Passion in game or esports
- Financial qualifications such as CMA/CGMA/CFA is a plus
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.